Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chronology of Technology

It is really amazing how far technology flies in so little time. I remember very little about computers when I was in elementary school. I do remember going to the lab once a week, and practicing typing, naming the different counties of Utah, and playing Oregon Trail; more specifically, dying in Oregon Trail. There was nothing in the classroom more technical than on overhead projector or a television set.

Most schools today are very different. In a computer driven world, students are being better instructed to keep up. I saw some fourth grade students at Windsor Elementary last year who were learning things that I didn’t even hear about until ninth grade. I’m sure we will see more and more technology being put into the classrooms as we put more years in as teachers.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to send you into the field of teaching. You seem to be excited and have lots of new and fresh ideas to include in your classroom. This assignment seems to have been a fun exercise for you and I hope that your dreams become a reality for both your students and yourself.

    Nice job on the blog...looking forward to next week's blog!

    PS...I am excited to be a part of the process to help you become a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete