Saturday, November 20, 2010

Last week of Field

Well, this week was our last full week in our 6th grade classroom. It has been such a valuable time, and I already feel attached to the kids. It has been so wonderful getting to know about their personalities.

Monday we taught our final Social Studies lesson. We told them about temples the Ancient Greeks made to worship their Gods/Goddesses. They then had a time limit to build a temple to a specific Greek God/Goddess. It was a really fun day. I definitely would repeat the activity in the future. The only thing different that I would do is give them planning time on a previous day. Some of the students were so excited about the plans, that they didn’t actually get to make their temple.

We mostly just observed the teacher and class the rest of the time. She continued the Greek mythology subject and let the students divide into groups to make life-size God or Goddess. I will be using this idea. They get so into it, and I couldn’t believe what amazing artists were in the class.

The other highlight of the week was when the 6th graders got to go help the Kindergartners with learning their numbers. It was the cutest thing that I have ever seen! It honestly made me really want to teach Kindergarten.

It has been a great learning experience. I can’t wait to get into my own classroom. Honestly, I am a little bit sad to be leaving Foothills Elementary, but I’m happy to be that much closer to finally graduating.

No comments:

Post a Comment