Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lessons Learned

There were two things that stuck out to me the most from watching and reading the information. The first thing was that it is a teacher’s responsibility to be teaching about technology. The article talked about there being technology everywhere, and a lot of kids are left on their own to figure it out. Of course that is not the best option. As teachers, we should take on the responsibility to become familiar with technologies. This way we can teach the students the best way to utilize it. On one of the Youtube videos the guy talked about how most parents are afraid of technology. I think it’s important not to let our fears keep us from a valuable skill.

The other thing that stuck out to me was that we are preparing students for jobs that probably don’t even exist yet. That was a great point to make. We are advancing so much, and so quickly. Things are only going to get more technical as time goes by. Again, we should be prepared and educated so that we can pass that on to our students. Everything I read made me realize the need for me to learn more about using technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment