Monday, June 24, 2013

June Update

So the half marathon was on the 8th, and I am really glad that I did it.  I met a very cool lady on the bus ride up there, and we hung out until the race started when each of us went to our different pacer groups.  I was feeling really good when the race started, but almost exactly at mile 2, that sharp pain returned in my left knee.  I tried for the next few miles to walk/run, but that was just making it worse.  So at about mile 4 I knew I would only be walking from then out.  I tried to keep a positive attitude, but it was honestly very hard  as more and more people passed me.  I'm very competitive, and I like to be the one passing, not the other way around.  But anyway, it was a good growing experience for me.  I did run the very last bit of the way, because I just had to run across that finish line running.  It hurt like crazy, but I did it!  I came in at 3 hours and 32 minutes - my very slowest time ever, but i did it, and I DID get a medal!

The triathlon is in the middle of August, and today begins my 3rd official week of training - which I am really enjoying so far.  I have been doing absolutely no running though  :(  in hopes that my knee will get better, and I have been taking some supplements that are supposed to help with joints.  I have been doing a lot of walking, biking, swimming, weight training, and conditioning via Insanity workout DVDs.

I did great the first week, and last week I actually cut my 600 meter swim time by a whole minute! Whoo hoo, that was exciting.  I did discover a somewhat negative side effect last week though.  I have felt hunger like I have never felt before!  I was eating four times a day before starting training - 7:00, 11:00, 4:00, and then 8:00 when I got home from work.  I think I'm going to need to add in another time during training, because I was either dizzy, or going to rip someone's head off at about 6.  Anyway, that is my long way of saying that I did not eat very well last week...  By the time I got home I was so hungry.  We had Little Ceasars 2 nights and wendys another in addition to our regular dinner.  Yikes!  My measurements still all either went down or stayed the same, but not by a lot.

So this week my goals are:
1.  Keep doing same workout schedule.
2.  Plan new meal time into the day.
3.  Only eat out/ have dessert one day this week.

Happy swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment