Sunday, October 24, 2010

Copyright Info

This week we talked about different copyright laws. I do think that this is very important information to know while we are working on our digital stories. However, I am a little bit confused. About a year ago I had an idea to make a Mario Math game for some of my students at Windsor Elementary. I did think that maybe there would be a copyright issue. I found a bunch of information about copyright laws online. I found an article that specifically talked about using copyrighted material in education. It said that if it was for an educational purpose, and you were not making any money from it, then it was ok to use. So now I am just a bit confused about what is correct. I think I will have to look into it a bit more.

This has made me more wary about using photos from the internet. I liked how we were shown how to search for pictures that can be used freely on Google. I will be using that to look for my pictures for my digital story. I also think that it is important that I mention copyright laws to my students when I become a teacher. I know that a lot of time we just don’t think about things like that, but it is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment