Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vidcasts

This week we talked about Vidcasts; what they are, where we see them, and some different resources to make our own. We talked about Flip Cameras, Powerpoint, Photostory, and Jing.

Of the four, I think that I liked Photostory the best. It is very user friendly. I love how it goes through one step at a time, adding pictures, narration, etc. I also like that you can specify the kind of transitions that you want from slide-to-slide. I do also think that Jing will be helpful when you want a specific picture of something.

One of the things that I did to study for the Praxis exam was to log-on to the Brainpop.com website and watch their little videos. I never really thought about it before, but those are Videocasts. They were very helpful for me. I think that if you can do those short videos for students, they will learn also. Sometimes there are things that make more sense if you can see some examples in a fun way, like in a Vidcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment