Sunday, October 31, 2010

Working on Digital Stories

This week we have been working on our digital stories. My partner and I have been given Ancient Greece as our topic. This week has actually gone pretty well as far as our stories go. We were able to gather a bunch of pictures that were labeled for reuse, and get everything recorded. Our only problem was getting the talking to match with the right pictures. For the Vidcast I used Photostory. My partner has a Mac this time, so we are using iMovie (I believe). So things are done a little bit differently than I did before.

I am very interested to see the student’s reaction to the movie. I want to see if they think it is something fun and interesting, or if it is just boring. Our cooperating teacher mentioned that students would probably think it was fun to make a movie. I decided that is definitely something I will do in my classroom if I get older students. Since Photostory is free, I think having an assignment where they have to make their own movie would be a great assessment project.

No comments:

Post a Comment